FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Few questions on BKK
View Single Post
Old Dec 25, 2019, 3:22 pm
Bravada04

Few questions on BKK

Arriving and staying in Bangkok on our way / back to Cambodia. A few questions.

- Staying at the Le Meridien nearest the airport (residential / golf course. not downtown) only for one night on our way through. Probably easiest just grabbing a cab and tell him to use the meter? Maybe just use Grab for the trip back.
- We just need a few bucks for our short time and I understand their is Super Rich currency exchange on the lower level when we land? Is this also same level as taxis??
- When we return we are staying at the Sheraton Orchid ( there is nicer hotels I know but like the quieter area for a change and the river view ) only here for a few days
- Just going to book from Viator or Klook a private pick up. I will assume this will be the easiest and probably not much more? Will do the same for the trip back to the airport. We are leaving in the mid evening so curious how much time we should give ourselves to get to the airport?
- Any recommendations around the Sheraton for something casual / local for cold beers / eats. We really don't want super expensive places as we can/do that in our normal life. We love visiting the local cafes and just sitting on a chair outside and watching life go by sipping a cold beer.
- Would love to find something close by to sit along the river that is very casual and reasonable?
- Is there any tours or can you hire someone just to get on the boat and cruise the river ( not a big tourist boat ) something very small and stop when / where we want. Thought that would be fun for a few hours in the morning or afternoon if possible. Not looking to do much else as we are on the back end of our vacation. Just relax.
- Any other feedback, suggestions, tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much.