FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta alcohol policy?? Strange incident yesterday
Old Dec 25, 2019, 8:24 am
Delta75

Originally Posted by gooselee
Thanks for coming back and updating!

I'm still a bit curious as to the "suspicions" you mention in your first post. We've all been speculating around what we know, but you as OP are likely the only one with direct knowledge here so your speculations would be interesting to hear.

I just didn’t want to turn it into a political or religious thread...I really wanted to stick directly to delta and FAA policy.

yes I take all the blame here for talking with another person in public where other could hear. Maybe I’m just too naive. I never get mad or argue or even care what other people think or believe, we are all human and equal and nothing political or religious should cause anyone of us judge or dislike one another.

I guess I underestimated how people make negative assumptions about you based on whatever you believe.

i suspect the gate agent who said “I heard what you said in the smoking lounge” assumed because of my views incorrectly assumed I was part of a demographic that would judge or dislike his demographic, which is totally untrue.

again that’s just an assumption on my part and I didn’t want to really lay it all out, as assumptions is what lead to this in the first place, and assumptions are not a good thing, and I’m equally guilty in saying that as he might have been.

again, I take the blame, as I was talking in a public place and should have known better. I am guilty there 100% but assure you I was no where close to intoxicated or anything that would be the actual problem and I only wanted to understand and know “policy” as it was stated to me in the gallery.

i will not speak again about anything other than policy and deltas and the FAA rules in this forum. I have said enough and that’s what lead to the problem in the first place.

lesson learned, blame taken, no harm done, no ill will towards anyone or delta or policy.

i simply seek understanding of what I was told.

and the issue of why did I try and order alcohol after I was told not to, I was simply seeing if the policy was an empty threat or actually true, and it became a running joke with my FA as I just ordered virgin bloody Mary’s and we all had a laugh about that. I even tried at breakfast after sleeping to see if it was a complete flight rule, as after 7-8 hours all
alcohol would have been gone and I was initially told by my he FA his orders were to make sure I slowed down....but not stop completely. Because I was in the situation I had never been I understand I simply did all of the above to see if it was a black and white decision or if there was room to make a different call, grayer areas.

hope this clears up most questions.

lastly, I’m fully capable of determining if I should not drink or drink, and if I was even to point where I wasn’t, I believe 100% I should and would rightly lose any right to be on a plane, and I would take that blame as well.

thanks again to all the more experienced fliers for helping me undetrstand the rules and policies.