FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How Long Does A DL Travel Voucher Promised Onboard Take To Receive?
Old Dec 24, 2019, 10:11 am
RealHJ

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Has anyone been verbally told that they would be receiving a DL travel voucher or Skymiles onboard a DL flight by the lead flight attendant using their iPad-like machines? If so, how long did it take to receive them? I was verbally told about a travel voucher I would be receiving onboard last week (for giving up my FC seat to an ill passenger) but it has not yet shown up in my account and I would like to book a trip. Thanks and Happy Holidays.
It takes some 2-6 months, and you have to keep contacting CS some 5-10 times, until they will finally send it to you. It's a manual process (as is everything with DL, remember, DL hates automation or any QA, testing, etc.). Be prepared to put in hours upon hours of asking to get what you were promised and getting a lot of nonsense responses back that are trying to weasel their way out of giving to you what was promised and you have the e-mail receipt/confirmation which says that it is coming. Send them the e-mail receipt you got that said it would be coming and keep asking them to explain why it still hasn't been sent to you, and don't take no for an answer.

Good luck (you're going to need it).