FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta alcohol policy?? Strange incident yesterday
Old Dec 24, 2019, 7:54 am
findark
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by jerseytom
Trying to be objective about the situation as possible, this sure seems like the most likely scenario. Emphasis added on what is probably the most relevant piece of everything here.

Given that there's a written report with at least one signed witness, I imagine a complaint from OP basically becomes...
  • Delta Employee: In my assessment, the pax was acting in a manner that indicated they were intoxicated.
  • OP: No I wasn't!
I can't imagine that getting very far. And indeed I'd imagine the Delta staff would probably get a compliment on erring on the side of precaution, etc.
Strong agree. Even if OP was wronged, it will bubble up to corporate as he-said, she-said and when the pax assertion is "I was definitely not drunk!" it's not going to get anywhere productive.

That being said, I do find this ironic as I actually have to be a little careful with my drinking on Delta since their wine pours are something like 2+ standard drinks even for PDB