FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How is Delta economy transcon without status?
Old Dec 23, 2019, 1:29 pm
synzero

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
How is Delta economy transcon without status?

I posted a thread in the JetBlue forum but I figured I'd ask Delta loyalists this question: how is Delta transcon (specifically LAX - JFK or SFO - JFK) for economy without status? I have been a JetBlue loyalist for years and the chief reason is their economy transcon product is stellar. But -- after a few years not flying them (changed jobs) I have a new job which requires a lot of travel to NYC again from California, and I've had a series of awful experiences in the last several months which has made me reconsider my loyalty.

The biggest question for me is -- how does Delta economy stack up against JetBlue? I'm sure it's not QUITE as nice in terms of the seat itself, but I'd like to know if there are some travelers out there who like to work on their laptops, and what their experience is. How is the seat comfort/space? What if the person in front of you reclines? How reliable is the wifi on the upgraded 2Ku planes?

I'll be flying enough just for Silver status in 2020 -- I'd make the cutoff for Gold for MQMs but not MQD's, most likely.

I know I will have to pay for Gogo but it's still within budget for my company. And being able to use SkyClubs is appealing, at least until the Centurion lounge opens up at LAX.