FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA International First: What's up (why are some complaining?)
Old Dec 22, 19, 6:06 am
footballfanatic

Originally Posted by dave_261 View Post
Interesting you point this out. I had the exact scenario on DFW-HKG last month. Primary FA was cold (almost militant), and service felt very economy-like to me. Relief FA was warm, smiled a lot, VERY eager to provide service. Even when she was in the galley reading, she always welcomed me as soon as she saw me. Was night and day.

To address the initial point. In a way, it's unfair to compare (for example) Cathay First to AA First. They are different airlines, with different rules/unions/laws/management teams/etc. However, it's clear that with so few Flagship First Class routes, American should either commit to making them something truly special, or simply refit the 77W cabins and go without first on any international routes.

Can you imagine a scenario where an AA flight attendant felt special being selected for a Flagship First flight (sort of like an NFL ref being picked to ref the Super Bowl)? Instead, it feels like its a chore for staff who are simply riding out their careers until they can retire.
Id argue it is right to compare and to choose the superior product every time - they have the same price point, go for the same customers, and market themselves as being the same thing. That these are different airlines, etc is AAs problem, not justification that the products can never be compared.