FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help: Award Ticket Schedule Change
View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2019, 8:01 pm
jugaadkabaap

Programs: AC E75, WS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, GHA Plat, UA Silver, SQ Silver
Originally Posted by flo_147
Hello guys,

I have booked an award ticket about half a year ago. Now there was a significant schedule change on the first leg (ASE-SFO on United) and I will not be able to make it for the connection flight to Europe. On top of that there are no other good options to get to SFO on that day - only other option is ASE LAX SFO with long layovers, which I would like to avoid.

So what are my options now? What can I demand for? Can I make the AC agent call an United liaison officer to open up award space on the flight the day before and then I stay overnight in SFO? Can I ask AC to book me a revenue ticket to SFO if there is no award space available?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help

Cheers,
Flo
Depends - for certain schedule changes AE supervisors can book you into a revenue ticket so as to get you a connecting flight as per your original itinerary. If it was an AC catered segment, they could had opened up additional inventory but in this case I am guessing you can convince AE agent (may need to ask for a supervisor) to rebook you in a revenue ticket.