FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Messed up. Big time. Sitting at 54 qualifying nights, need 60 for globalists..
Old Dec 19, 2019, 8:47 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Just to note some HP locations charge for parking. HP Houston Galleria for example charges $27 per day as the only parking option. A Globalist would get that parking for free. So if someone stayed exclusively at HP, more specifically at properties with parking charges like HP Houston Galleria saving $27 a day x 60 days pre-tax that is $1,620 and after tax roughly $1,750. So even in that scenario I would save it does matter much that’s a lot of savings. In this case I’m assuming since it’s a Category 1 Property you’d use the 5k points rather than pay the $100+ Average daily rate.

Just because a Glob stays at a HP doesn’t mean they’re not getting benefits.

I do completely agree that Globs can exercise more benefits at properties that are not HP/HH though.
Note that the rule is that Globs get free parking (self or valet, both if both are offered) on any points stay or (Hyatt issued) free night stay at any Hyatt family brand, but we do not get free parking when we pay for the room with money.