FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who to talk to for IRROPS on KL-marketed/DL-operated flight
Old Dec 19, 2019, 9:03 am
N102DA

Programs: DL DM, UA PG
Originally Posted by bgriff
DL and KL are also extremely closely tied up (DL phone agents can make changes to KL tickets, which I don't think is necessarily the case for all partners, and I believe if you call KL in the US you are connected to DL agents anyway) so I think even in more marginal cases, like if there's a weather waiver a few days in advance and you want to make changes, I believe DL could still handle it. Whereas for some other less-closely-integrated partners it might be a little bit more of a challenge.

If there is a change due to IRROPS, it's possible you could get moved to flight(s) with DL flight numbers, which would lose you the MQD and possibly RDM advantages you have on a KL flight number, but you should be able to fix that by claiming original routing credit after the fact.
That was my only serious concern but in that case I'm hoping getting ORC wouldn't be an issue.

I had an issue about a month ago where I had to make a (voluntary) advance change to some KL-marketed and KL-purchased flights but because DL handled the change I ended up with a DL-marketed flight replacing the KL-marketed ones I changed, so I missed out on the MQD/RDM advantages. Learned that lesson and guess I'll try calling their NL phone # next time if I need to make any voluntary/advance changes.