FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flightstats says 22hr delay; LH.com says "scheduled"; Inbound on time?
Old Dec 19, 2019, 8:58 am
CarlTheWebmaster

Programs: UA 1MM *G (recovered GS), SPG Nothing, Hilton Nothing, AA Nothing
Flightstats says 22hr delay; LH.com says "scheduled"; Inbound on time?

Scheduled on LH419 IAD-FRA today. Got a notification from Tripit (seems to be based on data from FlightStats) of a 22 hour delay (very early this morning). LH Website says "Scheduled" for today's flight and the inbound LH418 is basically arriving on time.

I called LH and they say all is fine, but I'm curious/concerned about two things: 1. why does FlightStats say there's a delay, and 2. On LH.com, other days for this flight show the words "on time" in green (e.g. for 12/20) for LH419 and have a link to the incoming flight; For 12/19 it says only "scheduled" and the on time indication is missing (and no link to incoming flight).

Is this a simple data glitch in the third party provider? Crew availability issue (given that there seems likely to be a physical aircraft at IAD by this afternoon)?

If it's a crew issue, I wonder why they wouldn't fly someone else in from FRA given that it's a hub and I would think they have some reserve crew most of the time.

Thoughts?