FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ride Report 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport AWD
Old Dec 18, 2019, 8:13 pm
isiegel3

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Hertz PC, Hyatt Colleague, Avis Preferred/Budget FB, National Exeuctive
Originally Posted by gruntermen
You will probably be happier taking any other vehicle Hertz offers you over this one. I did not bother taking photos for posting.

"Features" (I am setting the bar really low and defineing a feature as anything not required by the federal government):
- AWD
- A display audio head unit
- Cruise control.
- A/C
- Power windows, locks and mirrors
- I can't think of anything else except perhaps the glovebox. The NHTSA doesn't require glove boxes do they?

The interior was made of cheap plastic. At least it was cheap plastic that did not vibrate and squeak.

The worst part of the vehicle was the absurdly underpowered engine. Acceleration in the standard drive mode was abysmal. The CVT did have a 'sport' mode that appeared to function by keeping the engine in its powerband at all times no matter how inappropriate that was. In sport mode with the cruise set at 60, the engine would turn at 3400 RPM until you shifted out of sport mode.
You forgot to mention all the "blanks" in the car, worst being if you have a model with traditional key. I saw one the other day and in place of where the push - to - start button would be was a horrible round blank plate, sitting there to remind you how you could have paid for this option, but you didn't. Too cheap to make two separate dashboards.