FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Munich REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2019, 1:09 pm
CIT85

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I was initially concerned about transportation from MUC. However, the connections from S8 to U3/U6 followed by Tram 23 was simple enough and did not have long wait times between connections. Room selections was very limited at check in around 1 PM, Andaz Suites not available for upgrade. I decided to leave my bags and walk the Christmas Markets at Marienplatz and near Odeonplatz.

I was given a nice room on the 6th floor, in the Tower section. The bed headboard was against the wall on the right side as you enter the room, not directly in front of the sink as shown in picture posted by Football Fan. Room was quite large by European standards. Spa/Fitness facilities are excellent. Although the sauna/steam room areas is a bit disorienting with many doors in and out.

Happy hour in the lobby had 1 food item the night I was there, ricotta cheese on toasted bread with truffle oil. It was very tasty and I like truffle, so I had about 4 pieces. Red wine and white wine were both very good, 3.8 on Vivino. Breakfast in the restaurant was excellent. Coconut sugar and raw sugar on the table. Honey, agave, maple, apple and sugar beet syrups.

I took Uber back to MUC Sunday morning to avoid the hassles of Tram to U-Bahn and then S-Bahn.

Room rates at Andaz does not drop on weekends like Westin Grand and Sheraton Arabellapark, so this hotel is not mostly for business travelers.

Last edited by CIT85; Dec 17, 2019 at 1:18 pm