FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Exit row seats narrower in two-seat row?
View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2019, 8:23 am
oreocookies

Exit row seats narrower in two-seat row?

I flew yesterday and I made the mistake of taking the aisle seat in the little two-person row in the exit row. This was on a 737-700 and something especially seemed snug about it - my guess was either the seat is smaller or it was closer to the seat next to it than in other rows. It probably didn't help that I'm chubby and the person next to me is chubby, but the degree to which we were smushed against each other didn't seem normal.

I tested the seat in a row behind with no one next to the seat, and it didn't feel as snug. However, when I compare that feeling to the seats on a 737-800, which was my next flight, it was like night and day. The seats on the 737-800 were so spacious compared to my previous flight, the 737-700. Truly, I can't remember sitting on a plane with seats that felt as tight as my first flight.

So gives? Are the "honeymoon" seats in the exit row of a plane more snug? Are the seats on a 737-700 smaller than the 737-800? Are there way less 737-700s in operation these days?