FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Heaven to Hell and Back: Colorado, Chicago, and the Cayman Islands
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:52 pm
wakesetter93

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium (LT Gold), UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Heaven to Hell and Back: Colorado, Chicago, and the Cayman Islands

A few weeks removed from our trip to North Carolina my GF and I are off to the Cayman's, Chicago, and a week of skiing in Breckenridge. I initially planned on starting this TR with our flight from DFW-GCM but some last minute work/personal travel turned this into a solid month away from home so I figured I'd throw it all into the same TR.

Southwest Airlines
WN 287
DAL-DEN (Dallas-Love Field - Denver International)
Seat: 18D (Economy)
737-700 (N935WN)
Scheduled: 7:05p-800p
Actual: 7:21p-8:32p

I grabbed an Uber straight from the office to Love Field at 6:00p and 30 minutes later I was through security. Love Field is a great airport that I would utilize more often if it wasn't dominated by Southwest. Aside from WN, the only available flights are on Horizon (Alaska) and 5x daily DL to Atlanta. However, a cheap award ticket combined with the proximity to my house and office made this a no brainier to get to Denver for the weekend. Security was quick and easy and, once I passed security a delay posted for my flight to DEN do I set off in search of some food.

I stopped by Cantina Laredo to knock out some last minute work e-mails and chow down on some tortilla soup.

Before long, it was time to board. One of my biggest pet peeves about Southwest is the lack of assigned seating. I checked in right at the 24 hour mark but still ended up B-21. However, I had no issues grabbing an aisle seat near the rear of the plane.

The climb out was a little bumpy and it was about 30 minutes into the flight before service began. The FA's made quick work of the cabin and I went with my usual for the short hop up to Denver.

Upon landing in Denver it was a quick train ride to the main terminal, through the Mayan themed Terminal C station, and a pit stop at Fire on the Mountain for a brew and some late night snacks before calling it a night.

Last edited by wakesetter93; Dec 21, 2019 at 12:29 pm