FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bag handling on ground airport transfer with common city code-NRT/HND,EWR/LGA/JFK,...
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:30 am
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by ExplorerWannabe
I understand what you mean but I also understand why an infrequent traveler (or even a frequent one that isn't used to those routes) might think the airlines would take care of bag transfer if they're willing to list tickets with those kinds of connections as first choice airfares. To my mind, any connection involving a manual transfer between airports should be flagged prominently, perhaps even in its own section, as I've seen them listed when I've done fare searches on dot bomb with small, easily missed warnings about the transfer between airports.
Quite the contrary. Nobody here can even think of any carrier at any location which handles bags for ground transfers. It is not as though there is a cohort of travelers who have had their ground transfer bags handled by carriers worldwide and then arrive at NRT or HND to find that what they see elsewhere is not the case in TYO.