FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First experience on Aer Lingus
View Single Post
Old Dec 15, 2019, 6:27 am
BearX220
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by RideThe22A
Last week I too had my first EI experience. Aer Lingus is a 20th century airline operating in the 21st century.... even though I paid extra for seat selection, I was not able to view or change my selected seat online; not even during the check-in process.

Bottom line is that EI needs to wake up and smell the competition. Unless significant changes are made, I won't be back.
I will accept this small hiccup in the EI proposition in return for not being charged a lot for advance seat selection a la BA.

And I will accept the lack of TSA PreCheck in return for DUB pre-clearance and the advantage, for LHR arrivals, of walking right out of T2, having done C&I during my DUB transfer, versus queueing for a long long time at the UK Border barriers in T3 or T5.

And when I write to the EI service center with a query or small need I get an answer within hours. With BA it's weeks.

EI is imperfect (food not good, and I would like a free beer) but IME it is always a little cheaper than BA and a lot friendlier, and it is my current first choice carrier ORD to UK.