FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "I am from" badges
View Single Post
Old Dec 14, 2019, 9:56 am
bitterproffit

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Hawkbat
At a recent stay at Hilton Garden Inn Heathrow I noticed the staff had a line on their badges under their name saying "I am from Romania", or "I am from the Philippines" etc. I thought this was a really good idea as it lets people know what their accent is without getting into the whole "where are you from thing" that sometimes has negative conotations.

Has anyone else seen this? Is it spefiic to that branch, or maybe the more metropolitan cities?
I saw it at the Hilton Shinjuku Tokyo. Some of the desk clerks had their country flags on them. The man checking me in had a Kenyan flag on his nameplate. I asked him if he was from Kenya and he asked what gave it away that he wasn't from Tokyo. After we both laughed at that I told him it was the Maasai shields on this nameplate. He was very pleased that I knew that.

I thought it was cool that such an international staff as the Hilton Shinjuku would have their home country flags on their nameplates.

I have seen the home country on other hotels in international locations. Its very cool.