FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2019, 11:33 am
JoeDTW

Originally Posted by WHBM
Hello again all after what seems an extended interval.

I've gone on for so long there's no time to look at the quiz questions. Best regards from a still grey, still wet, Limerick Junction. Everyone getting in looks soaked, and out on the platform that lady's umbrella has just been blown inside-out. The notable thing about the passing Irish farmscape in winter is the otherwise ubiquitous cows have been taken inside. Apart from a few we just passed, still outside, huddled up against the windward side hedge trying to take shelter. If you can imagine fed-up looking cows, that was them.
After an even more extended interval away from this thread due to my job and volunteer obligations, I decided to check back in today, too.

My most recent trip was to the heart of Seat 2A country: Alamosa, Colorado. I flew there in October, on a Boutique Air Pilatus PC-12 from Denver, to visit Great Sand Dunes National Monument.

I took an 8 mile hike in the morning on the park's Mosca Pass trail through the Sangre de Cristos, which was beautiful because the aspens were at their peak, and in the afternoon I clawed my way up to the top of the 700 foot high sand dunes, much of it through sand up to my shins.

The next day, I had some free time before my flight back, so I drove out to the Monte Vista National Wildlife Refuge, and saw several Sandhill Cranes.

I've missed the quizzes and stories on this thread, and I'll try to check in more often in 2020. I recently purchased a July, 1977 OAG on EBay, and I might even use it to write a new quiz.