FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bed Bug Repellent
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2019, 7:55 am
MrEntrepreneur

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I carry a 1 oz size nalgene bottle (sometimes more), of CONCENTRATED Permethrin insecticide. 1 oz makes a gallon of solution. You can buy a full bottle off Amazon. It kills every insect! It's the only one works for flying and crawling, big and small. Especially mosquitoes too.

I put just about a teaspoon in a water bottle or mini spray bottle when I get at my destination, and put just a little water, like 1/2 a cup to one cup water and keep it handy for my stay. Put some on a rag or towel and wipe stuff down, including pouring a few drops of the diluted mixture down the p-traps in the shower drain for sneaky cockroaches that could come out at night.

Mattress manufacturers use this during manufacturing. Also, many outdoor clothing companies apply it to their clothing to kill ticks and mosquitoes. It repels AND kills bugs, better than deet. All my travel clothes and my satin pillow case cover I travel with are sprayed with permethrin. Last numerous washings. And yes, it kills and repels bedbugs. Good luck.
This is very helpful! TSA has no issues with this chemical? Something yo checkin or ok in carry on?