FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Passport Numbers Should be Kept upon Renewal
Old Dec 13, 2019, 1:28 am
danielonn

Passport Numbers Should be Kept upon Renewal

I think that you should keep your same Passport# like a Driver's License or State ID when you renew your passport. In addition I think all renewal passports should be same day and you only pay $50 if done online. Like Global Entry all you do is upload your new photo on the website ,fill out the form. Instead of your photo appearing on the physical passport it's stored on the chipand machine readable portion. Also all countries should get rid of the 6 month validity rul and if you reapply 6 days before a flight providing your PNR your passport auto updates

For lost passports you go to USPS and they can replace it for n 2 days. . I along with many others don't like waiting 6-8 weeks in between passports, loosing call d time we paid for I think we should be pro rated or our dAte gets pushed out by 6 months. I can understand new passports taking a long time. If your passport is flagged then you would be required to go to a local.major Post Office with Passport center akin to Global Entty so your GE should be linked to your passport and automatically updates so h your extended passport.

With the new Chips a passport could be linked to your Driver's License and State ID and you are given a card like a credit card with a chip. All Visas would be electronic like China would switch to E Visas. Stamps would be obsolete andthere wild be nine of this 52 page books

By having this E passport it's easy for it to be cancelled if it's most and transferred to a new Drivers License like card. So the current Passport Card is your passport As many countries as possible would adopt E Boarded that you can register for when booking your tickets. All cleared people get an email leaving agents to work with higher security risk passengers.

Thoughts?