FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New miles earning limit on the UK VS Mastercard
Old Dec 12, 2019, 10:59 am
Frequentflyer99

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
New miles earning limit on the UK VS Mastercard

I have just had an e-mail which cheerily announces that as of 7 January:-

"We are writing to advise you of a change we are making to the Virgin Atlantic Reward and Reward+ Credit Card Terms and Conditions. The change is shown below and will apply from the 7th of January 2020.

The miles you can earn each month will be capped based on spending an equivalent of your credit limit each month. For example, if your credit limit is £5,000 the first £5,000 of spending in the statement cycle will be eligible for miles. If you make multiple payments and spend more than £5,000 in the month, the spending eligible for miles will be capped at £5,000."

I am wondering whether this is a general limitation, or whether I am one of a number who have been singled out ,as I have been making a lot of large HMRC payments through my Curve and Paypal Business debit cards which are both linked to my VS credit card.

Or is this a more general restriction ? It probably does not really matter that much, as HMRC seem to have now blocked the Paypal card and Curve is limiting use of their card on the HMRC website from January.

It seems that all good things must pass