FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PSA: hotels.com systematically denying price guarantee claims?
Old Dec 12, 2019, 7:39 am
homegrown27

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Without any further information, it's hard to conclude that your two denials mean anything systematic. It may be that you disagree on interpretation of the T&C's.
Agreed, which is why I was seeking input from others to see if my experience was unique. Thank you for the links as I think they confirm for me something is broken about their price guarantee process. FWIW multiple agents I spoke with initially said it was a disagreement over T&Cs, but when asked to read them to me they eventually agreed my claim was valid. They just couldn't confirm it "in real time."

Originally Posted by drminn
I routinely see hotel rates cheaper on sites other than hotels.com, often even figuring in the 10% discount hotels.com gives you with their free nights. In that case I always book with the competitor, it is just not worth the hassle dealing with their "guarantee".
After my recent experience, I think this will also be my approach.

Last edited by beckoa; Dec 12, 2019 at 11:33 am Reason: merged consecutive posts