FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Western Huge devaluation!
View Single Post
Old Dec 11, 2019, 10:45 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ecgz88
that's true, I think for most of us it's easy to get Miles but not easy to accumulate Hotel points through Churn

but after this devaluation I totally lose faith on BW, I have accumulated 200K+ BW points earned through CC sign up for few years, Mainly aiming on oneday UTAH National park travel, now it probably just worth 3 nights...I will burn it ASAP no matter what.
Did you do a search? Next month, the two hotels next to Bryce Canyon are 12k and 16k. Even in June, they're 28k and 32k. (Though that's in the middle of the week; they aren't even showing any rooms available for points on some weekends.) And other hotels further away are even less, including Cedar City (good for Cedar Breaks National Monument) being 24k in June.

And on July 4 (Saturday this coming year), around Mt Hood in Oregon everything tops out at 36k, just like it did in August 2017 right after the eclipse when I stayed there.

So as you can see, this so-called "devaluation" is not universal! So why burn your points if the places you actually wanted to stay have not gone up in points price???