FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Role of CSD
Thread: Role of CSD
View Single Post
Old Dec 10, 2019, 5:05 pm
dwugson

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Role of CSD

Fly both BA and AA across the pond but apply my miles currently to AA. Don’t expect anything particularly special on board flights in biz on either airline, and if in First appreciate a personalized welcome but don’t expect it.

However, if there is an issue, would appreciate some form of response from the CSD. Flying London to New York this week the two senior ladies taking care of us in First were absolutely lovely and represented the best of BA. Other than recognizing a couple of people in F, the CSD was nowhere to be seen. However, my appetizer, the prawns, consisted of totally raw prawns and were inedible. The flight attendant checked and agreed that this was not the way it should be and said that this had been noted. I declined any alternative, food is the least important thing to me. However, I would have expected this to have been acknowledged by the CSD who could at least have stopped by at some point.

Am I being over demanding? The CSD seemed to be very young and less experienced than the team up front. And yet, I would have liked some sort of greeting at some point in the trip or acknowledgement of the problem. Incidentally, on my outward flight the CSD spoke to all in F, regardless of status.