FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Flagship Checkin and Strict Carry On Checks for BA GGL
Old Dec 10, 2019, 1:57 pm
Geordie405

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Segments
GA appear more focused on the number of pieces pax try to bring on board, then slightly oversized bags. Therefore one piece for the overhead bin, one for under the seat and no “third” piece even ladies handbags or slim garment bags.
I'd agree with this. Flying out of LAX to PHL recently saw an inordinate amount of hot air from the GA about bag size and that irrespective of class of travel or status oversized bags would be checked. I went and checked my bag and the missus' bag at the adjacent gate's bag sizer and both were fine. When it came to boarding (Group 2) there was absolutely no enforcement and judging by what I saw other passengers bringing on board the higher numbered boarding groups were ok as well.

However, last couple of trips out of LAS the missus has had some nasty encounters with the GA because she's had one too many items of hand luggage. On one occasion the GA was literally yelling at her to "Consolidate those bags!" at which point I simply took her handbag off her, slung it over my shoulder, asked the GA "Happy now?" and we both boarded. The same GA then came onboard and started yelling at other passengers and throwing luggage around to try and get a D0 departure. A nasty piece of work.