FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IRROPS allowed me to change final destination.
Old Dec 10, 19, 2:03 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This wouldn't be considered a SDC, for which as a GM you would pay IIRC and wouldn't be allowed to change airports. Unless you're ticketed in FC or C+, you would also need the same fare class (such as V, T, H, M, etc.) being available on the new flight(s).

What happened is that you were rebooked in IROPs, so that nearby airports are allowed if you're willing, sometimes up to 300 miles (although ground transportation is normally at your own expense). For the delay you were facing, DL airport or phone agents have lots of freedom to rebook you onto just about any fairly reasonable flight that has a seat available in your same cabin class (presumably coach since you didn't say otherwise).

It usually helps if you do the research and figure out what you want before asking a DL agent.....and be polite of course.

NOTE: OP didn't "miss" a flight in the way that the word is usually used to imply that it was probably the customer's fault for being late. In this case, OP misconnected due to the delay of the first flight (which seems to have been the fault of the airport and not DL, but I don't know for sure how de-icing is organized at BNA).

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Dec 10, 19 at 2:06 pm Reason: Added response to post above mine.