FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Flagship Checkin and Strict Carry On Checks for BA GGL
Old Dec 10, 2019, 5:24 am
billinghamn

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tjcxx
I have a rolling bag that is BA-sized and therefore slightly AA oversized. I've never had trouble with it on an AA flight, and of course you see plenty of other bags similarly oversized.

I would say, if you are going HBO all the way, which is how I read your post, then you don't need to go to check-in at BOS or MIA at all. If you haven't been able to get boarding passes and need to go to the kiosk then you could always do that one at a time to avoid a zealous AA person. Otherwise just go straight to the TSA-Pre line.
I can normally check in, and secure boarding passes before getting to the airport. However, I've seen numerous instances where there are AA staff protecting access to the security lines (normally at AA dedicated terminals), forcing everyone to demonstrate that their bags fit into the approved AA sizer. That's irrespective of status or the class of travel. Recently, I have been traveling alone and only had a rucksack, so no issues. Next time it's going to be a different matter.

I know for a fact that I wouldn't get up the escalator at LAX T4, but I have been advised that using the T4 lift (to go up a level to the entrance to the security queues) bypasses the checks performed at the bottom of the escalator. Bear in mind, this is simply an example, and I am not connecting through LAX on this occasion. I understand at BOS, AA are similarly strict.

Anyway, appreciate your advice. Always good to hear the experience of others.