FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disappointing Cityflyer
View Single Post
Old Dec 10, 2019, 5:17 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The double mishap on catering on two flights isn't great, the FRA one should have been avoidable, it's a route with a high level of catering declines anyway, so by leaving out the upgrades and explaining it to the other CE passengers, there should have been a half way acceptable outcome there. I guess the route is a bit short, but I would certainly encourage you to write in for a part refund on your ticket, you simply didn't get what you paid for there, and I'm disappointed the CSM didn't at least have a go at keeping everyone happy. In my experience passengers tend to almost go overboard to help out if the CSM pitches it properly: "no, you have it, I'm not hungry", "no, no, I'm too fat anyway, you must have it" etc.

2D is an emergency exit on the 190s. The reason being that with just two crew members, who could be down the back of the aircraft / held up with an injured passenger / injured themselves, in an emergency it would thereby fall to you to operate the front exit door, and therefore the usual tests/questions need to be posed.

This happens every single time if sat in 2D/2F, so since 2D/2F is usually occupied by regular flyers / status holders generally they would know the drill. Therefore if there is a double gate process flow, one gate agent with just the scanner without a terminal (or an e-gate), the other with access to the scanner, FLY terminal and keyboard, you best select the latter queue. You can also clear down the flag at some places in the lounge, or before boarding starts.