FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Chicago Lakeshore 2007, Chicago, IL [Master Thread]
Old Dec 9, 2019, 11:48 pm
worldwidedreamer

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
After spending four days at this hotel this month, I’d be surprised if it remained flagged as a W for much longer.

The hotel claims that it only does newspapers on request, and will require an early morning wake-up call (regardless if wanted) before sending someone to 7-Eleven to pick up a paper. Even after I asked for no early morning wake up call it happened again on Sunday. Waking me up before 7a on two weekend days in a row means I’m no longer a W customer.

The Bliss spa is closed, and the hotel does not have the W standard Bliss toiletries. They had something made in China featuring something like melon extract from some lady in Italy.

The breakfast was kinda minimal, and it seemed like the restaurant was understaffed.

FWIW, we arrived early evening Thursday and found the hotel has free neon yoga (or something like that) during HH timing on Thursday which we just missed.

As a tea nerd, and coffee avoider, it seemed strange that the hotel makes is super hard to find hot water.

Unless you must stay at this property for an event, or want to see the summer fireworks, I’d recommend avoiding.