FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information
Old Dec 9, 2019, 11:01 pm
Givepeace

Programs: Global Entry
Wow! What a long thread, exhausting to just scroll to the bottom. I applied for GE on 9/16. I assumed wait times were short because after flying in from international I surveyed people waiting to interview at SFO. 4 out of 5 were approved in four weeks and one in 5 weeks. After reading some of these it seems that you get a quick review or you get put on the long, long line, which is where I find myself.

Before I had seen this forum I wrote emails to ask about pending review status. The form letter I got back said, "average processing times are up to 6 months for Global Entry and NEXUS..." What many of you might find really interesting is that the communication also stated, "your application may take a shorter and longer time to process depending on what the vetting center determines, not when it was submitted. The vetting process cannot be expedited."

Has anyone ever heard of this "vetting center"? Is this part of the CBP, Homeland, or some other agency? And by chance is anyone familiar with what criteria they might use to put people in the long que? I have read speculations about names, but I guarantee that is not it, as my name is unique. I am a citizen and do not have a criminal record. Thanks to anyone who might have answers.