FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Interesting substitution of 744 instead of 787 on BA279 [LHR-SJC]
Old Dec 9, 2019, 1:07 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by spgaston
If I were to rebook today with return in WTP the additional fare is about $600 so add the change fee and we are up to about +$875 from my original ~$950 fare.
Personally I'd be wanting to see a figure closer to USD400 rather than USD875, which would be an expensive way to go WTP. So keep an eye out for a POUG nearer that price. You may not be offered a POUG if your ticket is complicated or chopped up already, it works best for untouched BA.com single or return bookings for A to B.

However the UuA isn't completely out of the question for you. You can buy 15,000 Avios for GBP255, and hopefully you can shake your hotel / car hire / Amex card to get a few thousand elsewhere. There may be a deal on to get Avios cheaper in the USA. There is also a difference in fees/taxes of about USD127 to add on here (caveat, I've only had one coffee this morning.....). You can still credit the original ticket to AS and use UuA with Avios, you will need a good agent to help you with this.