FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So this is Qatar Airways? UK-South Africa with QR (and a bit of BA).
Old Dec 8, 19, 11:04 am
T8191
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
AFTERTHOUGHTS

SA in general. We simply love the Western Cape - it fits a broad selection of our holiday requirements perfectly. Good food and wine, lovely people, fine weather and some nice accommodation in 3 quite different locations. Planning for 2020 is already under way!!

Amenity kit. We liked the QR amenity kit, and especially the PJs and slippers [which actually both fit me!]. A much better provision for business pax than BA, who only give PJs and slippers to First pax.

BA/QR comparisons. An interesting mix of positives and negatives, which slightly surprised me.

x Frequent and silent QR airframe changes, seat changes for no apparent reason. Really annoying.

✓ Cabin crew. Described by some on FT as ‘robotic’, we didn’t find this to be the case. However, unquestionably CC ethnicity plays a part.

✓ Seats generally much better than BA’s current CW configuration, with the exception of the 777 seats which we found inferior due to lack of stowage places.

✓ Food generally better than BA’s and with infinitely better presentation and attention to details.

✓ Cleanliness impeccable, especially the lavatories.

✓ Ground handling generally friendly and efficient, with one exception …

x Boarding at CPT was ludicrous, partly caused by Gate A5 design flaws and lack of queue management.

x CPT lounge decidedly inferior to the BA Lounge (OK, we were in the Bidvest overflow, but even so).

That's it ... thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed at least some of t!

Last edited by T8191; Dec 9, 19 at 1:47 pm