FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Magic words to use to SDC 3-legs to 2?
View Single Post
Old Dec 8, 2019, 8:53 am
rdh0924

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The problem with this is that there apparently wasn't a schedule change and OP selected the flights (presumably because the tight extra connection was cheaper). There's no valid reason to violate the rules regarding doing a SDC on an international ticket.

BTW, even if someone were to permit such a SDC, it should cost $75 for the daughter with no DL status. This involves reissuing the ticket, which is at least partly the reason for the rule that SDC is permitted only after all international legs have been flown; international ticket reissues can be complicated and time consuming, with most agents being unable to do this themselves.
I meant in advance of a SDC. My wife and I had a trip where there wasn't a schedule change and I honestly just wanted better flight times. It was on UA and we were routed MSP-DEN-SFO-PPT. They changed it to go MSP-SFO-PPT. Sometimes brand loyalty helps as I was/am 1K. I explained that I didn't realize the connection time was so tight in DEN and yada yada. They surprisingly didn't ask any or many questions and happily obliged.

I guess my point is that it's worth a shot. Worst thing that can happen is they say no. But again, didn't mean to try this day of for a SDC.