FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EK Skywards Gold Status with ADIB (Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank)
Old Dec 8, 2019, 12:29 am
GoldenCat_EK

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, QR Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Amex platinum UK has quite good offers . Not sure if they do the same in the UAE.

Just used a £50 off £250 spend for hilton and had a similar one for Marriott as well.

Also the hotel status (hilton,marriott etc) is quite good.

If you like a bit of luxury then booking hotels through amex fine hotels and resorts gets you special perks like breakfast room upgrade, special amenity at the hotel etc

Just used it for a holiday in spain

The main issue is the foreign transaction fee which is nearly 3% for UK cardholders.

This was offset by a £60 off £300 spend offer that i has saved to my card. ( offer was for leading hotels of the world but seems to be connected to fine hotels and resorts and they paid out)

Not sure if amex platinum charges the forex fee everywhere?
Here in the UAE, we seem to get the hotel status but not the promos - it would actually be good if AMEX brought around a few interesting promos for cardholders based in the GCC... The 'Offers' section on their local website is quite poor honestly...
I have the USD card and am planning on getting it converted to the AED version - I have a few but not as many USD transactions every month and the ~3% foreign currency fee tends to pinch once you're looking at spending over 8-10k+ on the card