FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Mena House (near pyramids), Cairo, Egypt [Master Thread]
Old Dec 7, 2019, 10:53 pm
smilee

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by joogle
Does anyone know the children policy in a room? We are two adults two children (8 and 11). I am trying to reach the hotel to verify but if anyone has any insight would be appreciated.

We are going at the end of the year and trying to decide between this and Four Season. Also I looked at Ritz, but they charge for children over 6 so would have to be two rooms.
We just returned from their on a 3 night stay with my kids. The rooms with two twin beds are small. There is absolutely no way you could sleep 4 in a room.

We had to book 2 rooms, so it was 35k per night or 105 for our stay. As a Platinum Elite I was given 1king and 2 twin connecting room. As well they gave me lounge access for us, including the kids.

Paid rates were about $600 a night in late November high season, (300 usd per room) so I thought 35k for 2 rooms per night was a good price.

As well i disagree with the above poster, lounge was excellent with full made.to order eggs and a good variety of foods. As well all day snacks and refreshments. As a Platinum of course included for free, but would easily pay $50 or more as I thought it was very good. That is why I chose this hotel over the other Ghiza Bonvoy property was for the lounge.

Location is excellent as right next to pyramids

A warning though Egypt is pricey, especially if you bring your kids as the extra costs for security such as paying for guides instead of venturing off on your own is an unfortunate necessity. As well double the room price made our Egypt trip poor value.