FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Weird experience regarding bumping after irrop
Old Dec 7, 2019, 3:52 pm
zig2

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
I can confirm that I do have a valid eticket with the reservation and it is correctly reissued.

Unfortunately DL took back the boarding pass during the bumping so I do not have it any more. I didn't expect that I could be bumped even after seat assigned so I didn't keep a photo of it .

But the agent did return an itinerary copy for me AFTER taking away the boarding pass. I am trying to attach it.

Originally Posted by jackal
I'd be curious to know if this was the case. In my experiences, when one airline rebooks on another airline in IRROPS, if the reservation system electronically confirms it, then everything is confirmed just as if the customer had booked directly with the airline. As well, the check-in system won't spit out an electronic boarding pass unless the VCR and PNR match. But the wrinkle is indeed as you mentioned--in a situation where the PNR and VCR don't match and an agent can't get it to do so, they can generate a paper boarding pass that requires a paper document that contains the value necessary to pay for the flight (a paper ticket or a FIM, as you said). I'd be very interested to see if the OP kept his/her BP and can see what it looks like, because under normal e-ticketing circumstances, this shouldn't have occurred.

[Mod note]

As suggested by @jrl767, the OP did post over on the DL forum (Transferred to DL, but bumped again before boarding), so members are welcome to follow the discussion there for discussion from the DL perspective. I will keep this thread open in the AS forum for discussion on the AS-side of this issue.

jackal
Moderator, Alaska Airlines forum