FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can you rent out the Polaris Lounge for a private event?
Old Dec 6, 2019, 9:04 am
dilanesp

Programs: united
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
I've been to a couple of airline events at UA's lounges over the years but was wondering if they ever rent out portions of them to private events?

Years ago, the then-President's Club at IAH was the venue for a great big Continental Do party; it was held in off-hours, so there weren't many people that would have been turned away from that place now (which is now IAH's Polaris Lounge on top.)

I went to the Polaris Cookbook Event they had last year at SFO; they closed down half the lounge and had an open bar and food set-up for their cookbook release party.

Now there's a 5-course dinner paired with scotch being offered at the Polaris Lounge in SFO for 20k miles. Looks like that dinner is for a dozen or so scotch fans here: https://exclusives.mileageplus.com/L...etails/6594227

Beyond UA events, with a venue as large as SFO's or EWRs, would other UA partners or customers be able to rent out a portion for a unique event? Has anyone tried? I can't imagine LAX or IAH would have room to spare, but I'd think EWR and SFO could easily be carved out, especially in between/outside of departure banks.
That dinner looks fun.