FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result
Old Dec 6, 2019, 7:17 am
zrh2yvr

Programs: AC SE 100K
Originally Posted by YYT82
While I'd like to be as optimistic as you, I cannot discount the possibility that AC will find a way to screw up that transition as well.

Not all airlines that use Amadeus allow OLCI at T-47h, as individual airlines can still stipulate when they want OLCI to begin. I have a feeling AC will stick with 24 hours while simultaneously having forgotten about the coupon status issue, since it only affects the FF community for the most part.
This is interesting - For Swiss - You can seemingly book and select seats right up to departure. It is only the airline that blocks the seat map access due to "airport control". I think Amadeus RES and DCS must integrate such that the DCS seatmap is always feedback back to RES. Right now I can go to a flight for LX that is leaving in 2 hours - I can see the seatmap for First but not Business or Economy . . A flight tomorrow morning is open for business seat selection but not economy. So - this must be a carrier choice as to how to handle the seat map close to departure.

I would expect AC will continue with the same times which are T-48 for inbound connections and T-24 for originating station departures.