Old Dec 6, 19, 1:25 am
ukflyer1

Options for 6000 miles or 4 Aegean segments with 650

I'm in an interesting position re renewal for another year. I'm doing limited flying so I haven't already got the miles.

Option 1 is pay 650 "extra" for some flights I am about to book; to accrue 100% miles vs 70% (different booking classes), which would mean I am fine.

Alternatively I could fly the 70% mileage flights (I am committed to these flights regardless of other decisions), which leaves me needing either 6,000 tier miles or 4 Aegean segments, and 650 to spend in order to achieve that! I've got until Nov 2020 and depending on time of year would depart from:

- UK airports (likely LHR?). Not sure if aiming for 4 A3 options or if 6000 miles is achievable in a European return trip (unlikely?)
- NZ airports (likely CHC (SIN on SQ is the obvious return) or AKL (SFO on AirNZ is the obvious return)).

Depending on the trip I would pay more than the 650 (if I can tie in with other things, or if its somewhere interesting :-), but thats my current option for renewing!

Looking for thoughts, options I haven't considered, or other ways to do this! Also aware I could buy 3000 tier miles for 300, but that wouldn't get me all the way!