FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
View Single Post
Old Dec 4, 2019, 8:39 pm
RB211

Originally Posted by maxpedals
Looking for a West Coast equivalent out of SFO/SJC/OAK, I had some good options for February but that seems to have gone.

What are the go to routes out of the above airports? Thinking more B2B and day trips.
I'm not sure how many TPs you are looking for, but I have done two LAX runs in a day from SFO, I've also done SFO-LAX-LAS-LAX-SFO as well (PHX and others may be an option rather than LAS!) The circle flights can work out well, SFO-PHX-LAX-SFO and variations. For more points, Charlotte is good because it's just a tad over 2K miles from SFO and thus gets the 140 TPs vs 40 TPs up front - albeit an uncomfortable 140 TPs each way! Then there are the transcon flights, so you can so SFO-JFK-SFO for 2 x 140 or 2 x 210 TPs, and SFO-LAX-JFK-SFO-LAX for up to 500 TPs, although I''m not sure that's doable in one day and is traditionally quite expensive. Whether any of these are available at decent prices is another matter - IME SFO seems to be slightly cheaper these days than SJC or OAK for these types of runs, but that hasn't always been the case. YMMV.

rb211.