FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA potentially closing accounts due to credit card churning/churn
Old Dec 4, 2019, 8:29 pm
JonNYC
Suspended

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by wiivile
Sorry, but I have come to the conclusion that the issue is far too muddled for AA to take any action against those who have earned miles from mailers. That's a convenient conclusion for those who are sitting on millions of miles, but it's the truth.

It is impossible for them to know whether the miles were earned from mailers generated by accounts created for real people or fake people, or coworkers or neighbors. All that matters is that Citi allowed you to change the name/AAdvantage number on the application and approved the applicants for multiple cards/bonuses. To me, this is the end of the discussion.

Citi/AA can fix their issue going forward, they can lock accounts temporarily for a reasonable time period to investigate, but they are not going to be able to tell someone with a straight face that they are guilty of fraud or abuse because they used their brother's/friend's/coworkers' mailers, when the mailers were effectively transferrable.

This is going to be my last post on the subject because someone convinced me in PM that there is nothing to be gained from this discussion given the readership here.
Actual post/response:https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31806378-post1065.html

Originally Posted by wiivile
..This is going to be my last post on the subject because someone convinced me in PM that there is nothing to be gained from this discussion given the readership here.
Great idea.

Last edited by JonNYC; Dec 4, 2019 at 8:34 pm