FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luxury Cruise Lines
View Single Post
Old Dec 4, 2019, 4:55 pm
stan1162

Just did Seabourn

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
Interesting you prefer Oceania to Seabourn - we did our first Seabourn last year and adored it - getting ready to do the first Oceania in a couple weeks. The ship is so many more people than we're used to as we're on Riviera (we would have preferred the R class but my in-laws booked this trip - they love Oceania which is why we're going with them; they do NOT like the R class ;-) I keep looking at Ponant but eek nothing I've read in reviews seems to justify their rates most of the time.....YVRCockroach has found all the deals ;-)
Just did Seabourn. Previous Oceania cruises ( Marina specifically). Overall, we slightly prefer Oceania. We don't drink alcohol, so no need to pay for that on O. Yes, the ships are larger, but we didn't really notice the difference. Public space is great on O for a larger ship. We felt the food in the specialties on O, which are included were as good, if not better than SB. We did not care for the TK grill on SB. We did love Earth & Ocean. Balcony stateroom size about the same.

We cruise itinerary 1st, then line. The SB was an expedition cruise, which O doesn't offer, that's why we chose SB. But if all things being equal, would chose O over SB. Also have sailed Azamara. Balcony statrooms much smaller, but itineraries very nice.