FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied Skyteam Lounge Access on J Tix Flying SU ex-PEK
Old Dec 3, 2019, 3:31 pm
RealHJ

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by koreanair720
Where? In the bathrooms?
In the open seating area that's overlooking the terminal.

At least I've experienced it twice, but I've only been at the CA PEK lounge a few times (I unusually go to the F vs J one, as it has marginally less people). Now with no more CA PEK-HNL flight, haven't been there recently.

I am 98% sure it's non-smoking, as, I believe, is the entire airport. But in the lounge no one cares. There's lots of staff, but they're usually all hidden away, probably squirreling away all the non-expired food and drinks home (like Chinese airline crew friends & relatives, where I've heard lots of clinking bottles in the galley as the plane is starting to descent and observed heavy, clinking duffel bags deplane, that came aboard empty).

I just wasn't aware that SU even operates out of T3E at PEK. I thought that was just for CA and other *A airlines. Or may be the OP is talking of another CA lounge and not the F & J duo at T3E at PEK.