FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Reserve sign-up bonus MQMS
View Single Post
Old Dec 3, 2019, 2:49 pm
computerdude103

Originally Posted by RetracRonnoc
Just chatted with Amex rep. His story (which contradicts my prior experience) is that it will take 3 billing cycles to release the award miles (both miles and MQMs). On the first day of third billing cycle it would move to Delta. He said it always been this way, which I know if false as my Delta Plat moved over a week after meeting spend. Tempted to call back and see if I get a different story...

Note this has nothing to do with the Miles Boost timing as this thread was originally only about the bonus miles for sign up (needed for potential status upgrade).
Thanks for posting that! It definitely contradicts with what both myself and a poster above have experienced, which is that we got the bonus miles within just a couple days of hitting the spend on the new card. Just not the MQM's. I've paid off the balance and charged at least $3k more so I find it hard to believe that they'd be holding them to prevent fraud or anything like that (a theory someone else had mentioned). I called last night and all they would tell me is 8-12 weeks as cited in the offer terms.