FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JFK / Kennedy Int'l. Airport Concourse B / Gate B12 Flagship Lounge (master thread)
Old Dec 3, 2019, 8:24 am
Blumie
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by CMK10
Went by yesterday arriving at about 3:00 and leaving at 4:30. I handed the agent my JFK-CLT BP and she went "uh, Charlotte?" and I said I'd come in from Madrid on Iberia. She asked for that boarding pass and I gently suggested she scan what I offered her and as soon as she did she saw I had access, I wish they'd just scan first and ask questions later.
BA has a system that includes a lounge access algorithm. The agent scans your current BP, and then a check mark is displayed prominently on the screen indicating whether you’re entitled to lounge access. On a recent visit to the Concorde Lounge at T5, I presented my AUH-LHR F BP to demonstrate that I was entitled to access. The agent gave it back and said she needed my ex-LHR BP, so I gave her my LHR-ARN J BP, which itself would not entitle me to access. Still, she scanned it and sure enough the green check mark appeared on her screen indicating I was entitled to access based on the full itinerary.