FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines
Old Dec 3, 2019, 7:14 am
glitchy

Originally Posted by lpbucw
I crossed with my family this week at Queenston/Lewiston, and didn't realize my sons card had expired earlier this month (!). I used our nexus cards, even though it wasn't a NEXUS lane. The CBP officer took his card and said we had to renew (since it was already expired not such a big deal).
Ouch. I realize it doesn't apply here, but did the officer even seem to know about the six-month extension for pending renewals?

Mine recently expired (judging by the way this thread is going I seem to be one of many summer applications in limbo), and this is roughly the interaction I'm afraid of even if in theory I'm supposed to be good. (I'm certainly not using it as TSA ID anymore, either, as the level of training there seems immeasurably worse.)

BTW, my experience using a NEXUS card in a regular lane, even with non-NEXUS people in the car, seems to be that we have a much faster interaction and are on our way. Definitely the preferred border ID to use even if you aren't using the NEXUS-specific privileges.