FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Frankfurt [FRA] 2009-2023 (retired)
Old Dec 3, 2019, 5:20 am
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Readingdemon
Hello all and thank you for this informative thread!

I am travelling OSL-FRA-YYZ this week, with my flight from OSL arriving at 12:10 and the flight to YYZ departing at 13:25 -- 75 minutes CT (both LH flights). I am assuming I will not have to clear security, but will go through passport control (Norwegian citizen and Canadian Permanent Resident)? Does this sound tight? The flight from OSL seems to have a fair amount of delays, so I wonder if it would be worth it to pay for a seat at the front of the plane as this is a long-haul connection. Any opionions on or experiences with this transfer welcome, I usually go through LHR or KEF and have little experience with FRA.
Welcome to FlyerTalk and the Lufthansa/M&M forum, Readingdemon!

You are correct about security and passport control in FRA. Your flight from OSL usually arrives at an A gate or A bus gate, and the YYZ flight departs from a B gate. When you arrive in A following the signs for B gates should take you to an elevator between gates A15 and A17. Go down the elevator, walk through the tunnel, go up another elevator at the end, turn right and go through passport control into non-Schengen B departures.

I’m not sure if it’s worth paying for a seat near the front but it may be a small price to pay for peace of mind.