FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 2, 2019, 11:19 pm
59Impala
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
I was there with my wife mid November for 5 nights. We booked the Ocean Front Suite, which is room 1228. an excellent room with a large wrap-around terrace and no pillar, so it was easy to move the lounge chairs around to follow the sun

I received a pre-arrival e-mail. I replied back, that we have an early arrival (9 am into MIA, so around 10:30 am at the hotel. They promised to speed up housekeeping to have the room ready as early as possible. When checking in, they told us the current guest has a 1pm check-out. That was fine, fully understand, especially as we were granted a 4pm checkout!. the again assured to speed up housekeeping. What I was disappointed about, was that the room nevertheless was "only" ready at 3pm. I do not call that speeding up, but simply sticking to the standard check-in time.

We received a half bottle of wine and chocolate strawberries as a welcome amenity.

On the first day of housekeeping (i.e. after the first night), we returned to our room just after 4pm and the room had not been made up. I texted the number published in the Hyatt App, and as River in Sight also stated, got a response within 1-2 minutes. I explained that I actually expect the rooms to be done by latest 1pm. We left our room after showering at 5pm, and the maid was in the same room as at 4pm, which means, our room would not have been ready at 5 pm either. we never had a service failure after that for the remaining 4 nights!

We never received any water bottles (has that tier benefit gone ?) every day I had to get water bottles from the front desk. I advised them of the issue and they said, probably the maid thinks that the mini bar staff will restock and vice versa. no idea. I mentioned it a further time, but this was never solved. There is a place in the lobby to fill water bottles, but in my view the water was not drinkable, smelled of chlorine.

Breakfast was really excellent, we enjoyed sitting outside as well. On one occasion though, the whole outside area was closed due to a private event. The event had concluded at 8:30, no one was out there, we arrived just after 9 but were unable to sit outside, as the tables after more than 30 minutes were not cleaned. We were forced (yes forced I call it) to sit inside, what for us was unbearable. way way tooo cold. I mean, we had to wear sweaters. we come from a cold place in Switzerland, we love warm weather anything above 82° and simply do not want to go on vacation to sit in an artificially cold place, when it's so nice and warm outside. I advised the waiter that I will complain about the coldness within the restaurant, and she thanked me for that, she was freezing as well. On the other days we were greeted with a "yes, you want to sit outside" - that was nice, them remembering individuals and preferences

other than the above small "failures", we really had a great stay and enjoyed the hotel. Water was warm (yes, I'd say around the 80's well), food very good, great cocktails from the pool bar, friendly service and helpful staff.. We'll return for sure (already booked for April and October, with friends on both occasions)

Last edited by 59Impala; Dec 3, 2019 at 8:16 am