FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ba 217 lhr-iad cw
View Single Post
Old Dec 2, 2019, 5:35 pm
Geordie405

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
For the purposes of comparison, I did two short domestic US flights with AA over the Thanksgiving holiday that were both on 787-800 aircraft. One was LAS - DFW and the second DFW - ORD. Obviously we didn't get the full J service or amenities but from a hard product perspective my fiancée and I both felt that the seating wasn't particularly conducive to couples travelling together. We had 2D and 2H and if we wanted to chat then we both had to lean forward. There's a PDA mounted parallel to the seat at chest height to allow you to adjust the seat and the curved casing blocks the view. It would probably have been better if we'd been in 2A and 2D or 2H and 2L as these are diagonally opposite one another, albeit across the aisle. There's also the foot coffin which I don't particularly like.

I know that the lack of direct aisle access for all seats in BA's "legacy" Club World cabin has been debated to death but I find the ying-yang style of seating to be a lot more convenient if you're travelling as a couple and want to partake in some conversation during the flight.