FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Big Cats, Fast Cars and a Stolen Phone: Southern Africa, Portugal and Brazil
Old Dec 2, 2019, 1:45 pm
swingaling

Programs: AA EXP
LATAM Airlines Economy Class: Rio de Janeiro - Sao Paulo

LATAM Airlines
Economy Class
LA3578: GIG-GRU (Rio de Janeiro to Sao Paulo)
15 Nov 2019
Airbus A321
PT-MXB
Seat 2C
Departure: 9:10AM
Arrival: 10:25AM

I'll admit that I was quite annoyed that I'd so narrowly missed the G3 flight to CGH. Ultimately, it was a blessing. Apparently G3 1061 on that day flew all the way to CGH before diverting back to GIG. I'd much rather fly in to GRU and have to taxi into the city than deal with a diversion. I never did find out the reason for the diversion, though.

Once I had my LA boarding pass. I must mention that LA issues the absolute junkiest boarding passes I've ever seen. The pass was printed on a piece of receipt paper, of the type one gets when buying a pack of gum at 7-11. Anyway, I headed to the Priority Pass lounge to hand out before my flight. When it was time to board, the gate was empty and had moved without any English announcements. Airport screens also did not reflect the change.

Ultimately, I boarded the short hop to GRU. We were a bit delayed waiting for deadheading flight crew to arrive, but we still landed in GRU on time.